Friday, March 26, 2010

Pictures of you.

So my mom was watching this show about finding lost relatives or something and she decided she wanted to talk about my birth parents. We really don't do that that often, and I'm totally okay with that. Even though I think about them a lot, and talk about my birth father to my friends a lot. But, tonight is the first time I didn't feel sad when she asked me about my birth mother. I don't like to admit I feel a tad bit sad about the whole thing...

Anyway, getting off topic. I only really have interest in my birth father, even though if I ever wanted to meet him it would be harder sense my parents never met him. And when I told my mom that she just came right out and said "His name is Uri," and for some reason, my heart kind of sank. This is TOTALLY new information. That's always been one of my favorite names. And I've always known my mom has had a picture of him, and she's even asked me if I've wanted to see it, see him, but I've never really wanted to. Until now that is.

I have this funny feeling in my tummy now. She still has to find the photo, but I'm still a mix of nervous and excited. He's an artist, and Polish, which I'm quite proud of. My mom says I get my artistic abilities from him. It would be cool if I met him one day. But after my mom said she never met him, I wonder if he even knew about me...

It's weird what a simple mention of a photo and a name can make me think about...


No comments:

Post a Comment