Thursday, March 25, 2010

Explanation?

Some people may wonder what Dorchadas House means.

Well, let me tell you.

It is two different parts, or rather places, from my story Immortal. Now my story is somewhat complex because of the number of important characters in it, and the title of this "blog?" comes from two of those characters.

Dorchadas is from my character Prosper Patch, or just Patch. She's a faerie from the Dorchadas Court. "Dorchadas" is Irish for Darkness, and her Court is basically very dark, including the faeries in it. Unlike the Seelie and Unseelie Courts. And seeing as I'm kind of "dark" myself, I thought it fit.

The House portion is a little less interesting. I have a vampire character named Greyston, and in the vampire world (at least in my mind) there are these places called "Houses." The Houses are in the four major vampire populated cities in America. They are basically the White Houses of the vampire world.

My family thinks I'm a cynic, and because of this I thought a great title would be "Dorchadas House" or "Dark House." Seeing as how I have a "dark outlook on life" and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment