Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4/20.

I hate this day. Okay I don't really hate it, I'm just greatly annoyed by it.

This is my take on "National" Smoke Weed Day:
Some loser, or a group of losers, in a basement decided one day to create a day where you can celebrate weed, or the munchies. I haven't decided which one yet. There is no reason to celebrate a substance that destroys your body. And yes, it does destroy your body. You are not made to handle that many chemicals, and your lungs aren't made to survive ANY kind of smoke. And to every stoner that says it's natural so it must be good for you, you're wrong. Not everything that's natural it good for you, some is deadly. I have friends that smoke, the majority of the students in my school smoke, and other times I can handle their drug talk. But today it was too much. I mean, a freshman girl showed up to class today stoned off her ass. Today is NOT a holiday, there is no reason to celebrate. Today should be a day of mourning.

Another thing that pisses me off that today is declared "National" Smoke Weed Day, it's making people forget what happened at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado eleven years ago.
Today is the anniversary of a tragedy that happened in our own state, and I didn't hear one person talk about it today, not even in the morning announcements.
It's been bypassed for a plant.
Granted, I was only five when Columbine happened. But I still understood what had happened and that some families were never going to see their children again. It was a major tragedy, all someone has to say is "Columbine" and people automatically know what they're referring to.

I just think 4/20 should be more about remembering Columbine than about a stupid plant that gives you a feeling of euphoria for a couple hours and then the munchies. But, that's just my opinion.

I pray for all the families affected by the Columbine shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment